Thursday, September 13, 2012

Melasma : Pregnancy Mask

Okay, Melasma, commonly known as the “pregnancy mask” is a regular occurance. You are not alone - and you know what? There is a treatment to correct it!
Melasma presents itself as a dark facial skin rash with irregular borders. The rash is usually recognized by its symmetrical presentation on the cheeks, lips, nose or forehead.

Skin discoloration can also occur on the upper arms. The skin discoloration can vary in color ranging from a dark brown to a deep grey.

The condition is universal and seen in all cultures and ethnicities; however it is far more commonly seen in Asians, Hispanics, Arabs and North Africans who all seem to have higher levels of melanin in their skin and a tendency to tan. Individuals with fair skin may experience a lighter shade of melasma which is not always recognized.
The cause of melasma remains unknown but is believed to be due to an increase in the production of cells which release the pigment melanin, which is responsible for the dark color of the skin.
What causes the increased production of melanin is not known but some triggers include:
  • Heredity factors and hormone fluctuation/production: the rash is most common in pregnant females
  • Prolonged sun exposure
  • Use of birth control pills
  • Certain medications like tetracycline and anti-malarial drugs (derived from quinine)
Melasma is not related to any medical disorder and by itself is a harmless skin condition despite the cosmetic concern associated with its appearance on facial skin. Diagnosing melasma in pregnant women is relatively simple, yet in men and women who are not pregnant, drug related skin reactions and other medical conditions may have to be ruled out.


What is the treatment for melasma? Sun protection is the most important part of treatment for melasma, since the pigment will continue to darken with sun exposure. Sunscreens must be worn daily. Combinations of bleaching and fading creams together with laser treatments for pigmentation, such as Fraxel® laser treatments, can be used to fade the pigment.

Why is Fraxel® Laser Treatment more advantageous over other laser treatments for pigmentation?
  • It improves all types of melasma pigmentation.
  • It can be used on all skin types, including darker complexions, and multiple treatments are required.
  • Lightening of the pigment can be seen within a few weeks.
  • It improves the texture and radiance of the skin.
  • It improves sun damage, brown spots, and wrinkles which usually occur with melasma.
So, to schedule your confidential consultation call 519-837-1897 or email info@guelphlaser.ca  to enjoy clearer brighter skin!

10 comments:

  1. Nice question! keep sharing these types of questions...
    melasma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping the same best effort from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me.
    https://www.codecademy.com/TheBlacklistInc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I found this web site. I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know. im always look for people to check out my web site.
    lazma cream for skin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking.
    digital agency in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  5. useful information on topics that plenty are interested on for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your b!..
    Tubular Inspection Services

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m here to testify about what Dr James did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and itching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it really helped during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from Dr James herbal mix and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after 15 days of using Dr James herbal medicine. I'm here to let y'all know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr James herbal medicine. I came across a testimony of Kasha, on the internet testifying about Dr James , on how he cured Him from 7 years HSV 2. And He also gave the email address of this man... [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com]..., advising anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help with, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I'm going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him. I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr James prepared and sent me his herbal medicine made of roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after 15 days I drank his herbal medicine, I was totally cured. no more itching , pain on me anymore as Dr James assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test. the result came out negative. So friends my advice is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like Melasma, Shingles, HPV, HBV, HIV/AIDS, ALS, HBP, CANCER,NEPHROTIC SYNDROME HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,Backache,dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN . , etc. you can contact Dr James directly on his.... [drjamesherbalmix@gamil.com]... He is a good man,and He will help you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read the blog properly and it is very useful for those like me who have serious issues regarding skin care especially Melasma which are pretty common not only in women's but the occurrence in men is not uncommon. While people will always look out for certain treatment I will always suggest self care treatment and honestly it works.
    This blog is very useful in understanding Melasma from its core.
    Meanwhile, I have this profitable website for those who feels interested in paid surveys Australia

    in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have shared a very useful and worthy Blog and you decribed the material with details. So I have got this
    similar website through which We conduct online surveys from users of different brands and Products and their opinion about
    that particular brand or product whichever they are using and in return we offer them with different kind of
    incentives(any of your chosing).

    So, Join now @paid market research Australia and start earning
    with us.

    ReplyDelete